Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week Five

More than a month since the year's begun, and things are definitely starting to heat up. In my English Studies class, we had to deal with a literary theory that confused almost everyone by arguing that it's basically impossible to derive any single meaning from a piece of literature. For obvious reasons, this was something a good deal of the class found a little difficult to accept. Luckily, we haven't had to apply that theory too much yet.

Meanwhile, in Intro to Creative Writing, we had to write three poems by Friday. As a non-poet, this wasn't the easiest thing in the world for me, and against my better judgment I decided to put it off until Thursday night. Nevertheless, I did actually manage to get the poems done before class the next day, though I don't know whether they were really any good (poetry really isn't my thing).

I mentioned a film festival in my last entry, and pretty much everyone who went to that film festival agreed that it was probably a bad idea to show a documentary about a gang-related murder on Friday night, which I can sympathize with. I didn't really have any big events I went to this week, but classes were pretty interesting at least, and I did manage to write poetry, which is an accomplishment for me.

1 comment:

  1. Noah, I'm happy to see you're taking out your frustration on social media. I think it's funny when people have something to rant about. You sound a little stressed, kid. Maybe try to take some deep breaths over there. Had fun reading about a glimpse of your life. Good work!

    ReplyDelete